REMINDER, the deadlines for reporting 2020 air emissions to the MassDEP have changed. According to 310 CMR 7.12 and 310 CMR 7.71, the deadlines are as follows:
- Triennial SR Filers– (Filers that do not meet the Facilities Subject to Other Annual SR Reporting Schedule listed below): April 1, 2021
- Triennial SR/Annual GHG Filers– (Filers that are subject to annual GHG reporting and are required to file a SR every three years and are filing a combined report): April 15, 2021
- Annual GHG ONLY Filer: April 15, 2021
- Annual SR Filers and Annual SR/GHG– (Filers subject to 310 CMR7.00: Appendix C in previous calendar year): May 1, 2021
- Other Annual SR Filers and Annual SR/GHG Filers– (Filers listed below in Facilities Subject to Other Annual SR Reporting Schedule for SR and filers that meet one of the requirements below for SR and are subject to annual GHG Reporting): June 1, 2021
Facilities subject to Other Annual SR Reporting Schedule:
- Has a Restricted Emissions Status (RES) permit issued by the MassDEP pursuant to 310 CMR 7.02(9);
- Had actual emissions of lead equal to or greater than 0.5 tons in the previous calendar year, or actual emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) or volatile organic compounds (VOC) equal to or greater than 25 tons per year in the previous calendar year;
- Emits an air contaminant subject to a National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) or is subject to a Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) standard defined at 40 CFR Part 61 and Part 63, for which the MassDEP has received delegation from EPA;
- Is required, as a condition of a plan approval issued by the MassDEP since January 1, 1990, to submit a Source Registration annually.
For more information check out the ,MassDEP website for detailed description of filing, who needs to file and updates to the regulation.
Any facility that has not reported before that becomes subject to reporting by meeting one of the criteria listed in ,310 CMR 7.12(1)(a) must notify the department by January 31, 2021.
HOW WE CAN HELP
CAPACCIO is dedicated to assisting facilities submit these reports successfully and accurately. We can help those who need assistance with submitting their reports by verifying their data, peer reviewing the submittal or completing the process altogether. We can also assist those who need to determine their applicability as first-time filers or as a facility that no longer needs to report. Please contact Christine Silverman at ,email@example.com for more information.